In honor of its 140th anniversary, the world’s premiere cognac, Louis XIII launches a worldwide digital campaign “Quest For A Legend” searching for the rarest Louis XIII decanter in Singapore, Malaysia, India and the Philippines from 3 February to 31 March 2015.
The cognac alone is exceptional but the decanter is a work of art and can fetch for a lot of money, especially for collectors. This is what started the whole campaign and search for the rarest, the oldest and the most exceptional Louis XIII decanter not only in the Philippines but the whole world!
The Tasting Room at the new Crown Hotel in the City of Dreams was the center for all things cognac. Marie-Amélie Jacquet, the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager in Rémy Cointreau’s Global Trade Retail division, is also a 4th generation family who has been running the Remy Martin cognac house, spoke to us about her family’s passion in creating works of art through exceptional cognac. It wasn’t just about the cognac, it was about sharing the experience of being part of the Remy and Louis XIII history.
Christophe Bourrie who is the Regional Director (SEA, India and Middle East) of LOUIS XIII also graced the event and imparted to us the complex process that each bottle of cognac goes through to produce an almost musical and magical liquor.
Cognac was shared with the guests and of course, we were schooled on how to properly drink a 100 year old cognac. The glasses were clinked and it was as if a thousand tiny bells were singing. See, told you cognac is musical!! 😉
It was an amazing experience and I personally hope that the winner of The Quest for a Legend is a Filipino! How do you join? Read on below:
The Quest for A Legend
Quest for a Legend Mechanics:
- The quest began on February 3, 2015, and ends March 31, 2015.
- To enter the competition, participants must send photos of their unopened Louis XIII bottle via SMS Text, Whatsapp or to the local Remy Martin office. Entries can also be submitted online at www.louisxiii-cognac.com/questforalegend.
- You need to provide their full name, age, ID, contact information, nationality and details on how they obtained the bottle of Louis XIII.
- If you have more than one bottle, you can submit them.
- The LOUIS XIII Team will follow up with each submission individually.
- The winner will be chosen by an expert committee who will assess each bottle with a set criteria. If needed, the bottle will be carefully shipped and examined at the Cognac region of France, using various technological methods that will examine the age, color, composition of the liquid inside the bottle to determine its authenticity, without destroying or introducing contaminants.
- Remy Cointreau International reserves the right to make the final decision depending on circumstances.
Terms & Conditions
- Participants must be the legal owner of the bottle.
- They should be citizens or residents of the participating countries in Southeast Asia, Middle East, and India.
- Must be 18 years and above, 25 years of age in India.
- They agree to absolve Louis XIII or Remy Cointreau International from any liability with regard to handling of the entry bottle.
- The bottle must be unopened, with at least 50% of original liquid (this will be verified by Remy Cointreau International and the House of Remy Martin).
The prize is a trip to the Remy Martin Estate in Cognac, France which includes:
- Two return Business Class air tickets.
- Two First Class return train tickets between Paris and Angouleme.
- Car pick-up transfer to the Estate.
- A hosted lunch at the Estate.
- Guided Tour of the Estate grounds, cellars and distillery.
- A tasting of LOUIS XIII and Dinner.
- One night’s accommodation in the Cognac region of France.
On Twitter and Instagram, join in the quest by using the hashtags: #QuestforaLegend and #LouisXII